Injury Problems? We can help.
Persistent pain, swelling and loss of strength can limit the performance of an athlete and/or performer for the entire season and/or year(s).
Maple Leaf Physical Therapy is uniquely staffed and equipped to get the athlete game ready and/or performance ready.
- Pain Management – Our deep tissue laser combines the cellular healing properties of photobiostimulation with thermally produced deep circulation for relief of pain.
- Pneumatic Compression – Utilized for rapid reduction of swelling. This decreases the time of immobilization for the athlete and/or performing arts person.
- Biofeedback – The mTrigger EMG device diagnosis the neuromuscular deficit caused by the injury. This then provides the Physical Therapist with real-time feedback to the client during the early stage of therapeutic exercise.
- Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill – why delay gait training until the athlete and/or performing arts person can take full weight on their injury. This vehicle uses patented differential air pressure technology to unweight the person to as little as 20% of body weight in precise 1% increments for low-impact pain-free movement. Real-time gait data, pain recording, and live video monitoring improve immediate decision-making with objective, measurable information, and visual feedback.
- Blood Flow Resistance Training – Blood flow restriction training involves applying a cuff or wrap on the affected limb (e.g., the top of the leg or top of the arm) to partially restrict blood flow into the limb. This restriction is combined with low-load resistance exercise or low-intensity aerobic exercise, which results in producing benefits like high load or higher intensity exercise.
- Isokinetic – With exercise modes including continuous passive motion, multi-angle isometrics, proprioception training, standard isokinetic, eccentric-focused isokinetic strengthening, deceleration training, dynamic isotonic training, and power training our dynamometer can fit into the client’s plan of care within their current phase of rehab. The PT can test and track the client’s rehab progress withing the various testing modes.